Sunday, August 15, 2010

What Social Scientist I Want to Be

If I could be either a historian, a geographer and an archaeologist, I think I would best enjoy being a geographer. Geographers travel around the world, marking the land so others can see what there is beyond the comforts of their home. To be able to travel as a job? Analyzing the world from a million angles and adding my own? Meeting new people? It's a dream come true.


Geographers have an important job. They study landforms; rivers, volcanos, canyons, etc. I can climb large mountains and measure wide oceans. Explore new cities, see how different people live in different environments. Don't you find it strange how us as humans, the same species, are so different in many ways? Seeing all of this firsthand sounds simply amazing! It's a job where I don't have to be bored, and right now? That's important to me!


As a geographer, I have many topics to study. Economics, climate, health, plants and animals, it goes on. Different places do different things, and seeing everyone's way of life is an interesting way to make a living. I could probably also learn new languages. Some geographers are pretty famous, I could join the list!
Go to fullsize image
egea.eu


View Image

www.armch...phers.com/
View Image
www.1st-art-gallery.com/Jose-Gallegos-Y-ArnosaThe-Geographers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment