Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Resolution(s) For 2011

One of my resolutions for the new year of 2011 is to spend more time with my family. The winter break has allowed me to think about this, since I had no school or homework to worry about. I noticed I haven't talked with my sisters so much before the break, and it made me realize I spent more time with them during one week of vacation compared to one entire school trimester. Family is really important as you're growing up, and years without spending time without family are years you aren't ever getting back. If I'm ever going to grow up, I'm going to do it having fun with my family!

Another resolution I have for 2011 is to learn to clean up my room. I'm sure every child knows what a messy room looks like: un-made bed, papers all over the floor, books left.... everywhere! I make a mess and leave it behind, too lazy to clean it up and think, "I'll clean it up later," but I never get around to it until my mom's fifth reminder. Lately, I've been picking up things that I drop, emptying the contents of my pencil sharpener in the trashcan, and not the floor. (I don't usually empty it out on the floor.... not on purpose!)


I spent the majority of my winter break at home, but I didn't spend all of it here. My family and I drove to Singapore, and stayed there for four days. The hotel was too small for a family of five, but that was okay as long as we didn't attempt to live in it. We had to eat out and do the fun things we intended to do somewhere else. Visiting the zoo, for example. We also went on the Singapore Flyer, which was really interesting as you can see the city of Singapore from sky-high.

Here's the view from the Singapore Flyer:




My family and I loved the zoo! It was fun to just walk around and look at all the different animals. Here are some pictures of the animals I took pictures of:







Singapore was a really good experience for me and my family, since we don't travel often. Seeing a new place was definitely exciting, and spending time with my family was also fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment